Search This Blog

Wednesday 12 August 2015

NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD JOHNNY (1990)

I did wondered whom the fantastic actor portraying the Chop-Top with such relish in TEXAS CHAINSAW 2 was -- for a long time  I even believed that the role of Otis B Driftwood in HOUSE of a 1000 CORPSES and DEVILS REJECTS was actually played by Rob Zombie,  and I was always warmed into the NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD by Johnny's antics in among the cemetery grave stones while he mocked his sister Barbara with those famous words "They're coming to get you Barbara"

Imagine the surprise when I discovered all these iconic roles were filled by the same person!
Somehow Bill Moseley completely losses  himself in his crazy kooky roles and in each of these performance  he had me fooled that these were three separate people I was watching!






  The drawing above has been signed by the wonderfully affable Bill with the words
" They're coming to get you GURCH! They're horny; they've been dead a loooong time! R. Moseley. Johnny. "
As an added bonus the bottom caption box is signed by the director of this enjoyable remake of NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD Tom Savini , he's added the equally funny
     "I did this one...'IN COLOR' Tom Savini"


Bill loved the drawing and noted that I had even captured the chip in his front teeth perfectly, he explained the damage to his tooth was caused by his brother striking him in the face with a bat when they were little.

I had wondered if the fall might have clipped his tooth some more during the opening sequence of NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD 1990 , when the ghoul staggers up, grapples with Johnny and then looses his footing and thus making poor Johnny crack into the corner of a stone monument, that moment might have been responsible for some serious tooth chipping , but then again I do clearly recall that opening sequence being marred by that fall ,  it  being an all too obvious foam rubber dummy and as convincing as Bills acting skills may be I'm sure he wasn't playing that part of a shoddy falling prop.

No comments:

Post a Comment