Search This Blog

Tuesday 22 April 2014

THE THING is....

horror film , monster alien make up effect
In THE THING it's not just the mind that wanders....the whole damn head does too !!




















THREE THINGS I like about the THING 

1.THE THING --- best space monster movie ever.

2. ROB BOTTIN --- aged 22 and he unleashed the most inventive creatures designs on cinema goers ever.

3. THE SNOW --- makes it feel so Christmassy.





While we're on the subject , here's another poster from my collection a lovely dark image of some shapeless threat hovering over the outpost, really sums up the dark horror of the film,  makes me think of a larger version of the creature that shrieks up from the petri dish during the blood test scene.


John Carpenters The Thing movie poster and one of the strangest sounding tag line
"man is the warmest place to hide." 
 



2 comments:

  1. Nice blog! I just nominated you for the Liebster Award! http://cassieshouseofhorror.blogspot.com/2014/04/cassie-carnages-house-of-horror-just.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Cassie for visiting my humble site.
    I'm honoured just be nominated by you, much thanks again.
    Loved your impressive blog and I couldn't help but note you had a liking for all things Hellraiser and the The Thing
    ...you got great taste! :)

    ReplyDelete